AE502C Component System
With its high performance component systems, AXTON once again demonstrates how the future ought to be: soundwise and technically, but also with regard to ease of installation – for the new speakers are so compact that they can be mounted without hassle in almost any OEM slot.
- AE Evolution Series: very easy on the budget
- Durable construction
- Solid detail solutions
All 2-way compos deploy stable Euro-DIN baskets and fit – not least because of the compact strontium-ferrite magnet motors – into the original factory speaker openings of most vehicles. The two compo sets come with a very compact inline crossover, that contains the high-pass filter for the tweeter. The mid/woofers run full range without electrical low-pass filter, which in return yields a high system efficiency to play well together with OE factory radios that offer only limited amplifier output power. These compo systems do not only sound clear but they can play loud, if necessary.
The mid/woofers feature lightweight low-resonance injection molded polypropylene cones, offering high stiffness and good internal damping, for accurate reproduction throughout the entire frequency range. Additionally, foam surrounds provide improved transient response by low mass and low inertia.
AXTONs component systems also benefit from the shallow 13 mm Mylar dome tweeter assembly, which guarantees sparkling highs and a sophisticated high-frequency reproduction.
Being very shallow and compact by nature, the tweeter unit allows placement behind most OE factory tweeter grilles, without further modification of the factory construction underneath.
- Compact basket construction in Euro-DIN format
- Strontium-ferrite mid/woofer magnet
- Lightweight injection moulded Polypropylen cone
- Polyurethan foam surround
- 13 mm Mylar dome Neodymium tweeter, ferrofluid cooled voice coil swivel tweeter mounting adaptor included
- Inline crossover with compact housing for easy installation, 12 dB/oct. tweeter highpass
- Speaker grilles contained in the delivery
|Nominal power handling||100 W|
|Sensitivity (1 W/1 m)||89 dB|
|Frequency response||60 Hz – 25 kHz|
|Nominal impedance||4 ohms
|Mounting diameter||119 mm|
|Mounting depth||47 mm|